Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> hold downs and anodizing, starts with a cardboard coke case
worn
post Feb 21 2014, 08:34 AM
Post #1

can't remember

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,152
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I was asked to post about anodizing. So I am including the first two attempts. The items are both designed to hold pieces to the car, an oil thermostat and a fuel filter. The oil thermostat genrally hangs by its hoses, and I don't like that. so here is what I folded with a vise and pliers. I made the cardboard pattern first, but do not have the photos of that.

Attached Image

and the other side
Attached Image

It just clips into place and then is hard to get out. I havent drilled the tabs for mounting. This one is splotchy, and it also will shine up when I seal the color by boiling the item. The color is really in there. Go longer and you can truly hard anodize, but I am just exploring this.

And I also wanted to mount the fuel filter for the 3.2. This one is made to spring clamp at top and bottom. I cupped the top to fit into the filter rim, but I will add a clamp - which I plated to look like new. (more later)
Attached Image

I have less than $50 invested.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 05:45 PM