Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Headlights pop fuse at battery
dadaDaveed
post May 13 2014, 09:06 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,071
Region Association: Southwest Region

I finally put a battery in my 914 LS1 conversion today. Nothing blew up, nothing caught fire... a good start I think. I have the JWest fuse panel and as a precaution, I also installed a small fuse block at the battery.

Here's my dilemma. I can turn on the parking lights, but turning on the headlights immediately pops a fuse at the battery (I've gone as high as a 30 amp fuse). None of the fuses in the JWest panel have blown.

I checked the fuse panel, headlight switch, and headlight relay. All seem to be wired correctly with no visible shorts.

I currently have H4 headlights installed… for the time being the wiring is stock. A friend suggested the H4's are drawing too much current, so I tried again with the bulbs unplugged… same result.

I'm stumped. Where do I look next?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 05:08 PM