Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Slowly back to life
SKL1
post Jun 9 2014, 09:05 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,732
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Slowly bringing my '73 2.0 back to life after a long restoration process.

Wired the relay to front headlights with new H4 bulbs, new J West fuse panel, etc. Have the factory shop manuals with wiring diagrams, though being colourblind doesn't help much even with my reading glasses (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Hooked up the battery last night and no electrical fires, but all sorts of intereting findings... rear signals flash the back up lights (hopefully easy to redo) , but the parking brake light flashes continuously if ignition is on, the headlights don't work at all, and don't park correctly, gauge lighting doesn't work on any dash or gauge panel gauges, and the list goes on.

Any decent direction as what to tackle first????

God, I HATE electrical issues!!!!!!

(at least no fires or fried wires...yet- had that 40 some one years ago when rewiring my fog lights for a flasher on the silver '71- back then we actually flashed lights when we saw another Porsche. Of course, many 911 would ignore me, but that's another story...)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 12:38 AM