Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> No start, Dormant car trying to start
eldiosyeldiablo
post Jan 20 2005, 09:41 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,047

I am trying to resurrect my 914 2.0 that I purchased a year ago from someone. After getting depressed about the extrememly poor condition of the car I began to begin replacing wires and hoses.

Then it sat. It has now sat dormant for almost a year.

Vacuum lines were replace with new.
New FI and Engine harness wires were purchased from Jeff on this board and installed. Unfortunately the car was not restarted at the point. It did not get started because I had the wires going to the coil from the distributer switch and killed the condensor.

Now I am trying to start it....
Replaced points with Pertronix.
Drained fuel. Put in 2 gallons of premium. Still no start.
Replaced negative battery cable. Sounds a little stronger on trying to start but still no start.
Cleaned battery terminals and positive wire.

Coil is putting out over 14 volts when I try to crank it over.
Starter is turning the engine.

No spark is being produced from the coil. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/sad.gif)
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/blink.gif)

What is going on?

I did purchase another coil from Advance auto parts but it put out the same voltage and did not start either. As a side note I returned the new coil since my distributer wire would not fit onto it.

What should I do now?

Is it possible that the distributor is gone or the pertronix unit? How do I test?

Thank you for any and all suggestions.

I want to get this car running and sell it since I obviously don't have the time to restore it.

-David
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
eldiosyeldiablo   No start   Jan 20 2005, 09:41 PM
Carlitos Way   Lose the Permatex (easier to diagnose without, and...   Jan 20 2005, 09:53 PM
eldiosyeldiablo   I do have a new condensor but no points. There was...   Jan 20 2005, 10:05 PM
eldiosyeldiablo   I see that Napa has a remanufactured distributer f...   Jan 20 2005, 10:12 PM
SirAndy   <...   Jan 20 2005, 11:50 PM
rick 918-S   I agree about the pet. You can add a ground wire w...   Jan 20 2005, 11:57 PM
eldiosyeldiablo   I don't think that we have ever reversed the w...   Jan 21 2005, 07:53 AM
eldiosyeldiablo   Here is a picture of my distributor when I was las...   Jan 21 2005, 07:58 AM
mikerose  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th June 2024 - 12:34 PM