Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> PROBLEM: Dull Roar, and not in a good way.. NEW INFO
malcolm2
post Jul 15 2014, 07:50 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,139
Region Association: South East States

I took a video this afternoon to see if anyone knows what is causing this sound. I have a dull roar at MPH above 35-ish. Tires? Bearing? Axle? Front? Rear?, right?, left? I determined that coasting gave me the best chance at recording the sound. So I found a hill and turned the video on.

At 30 seconds I top a hill then take a significant left hand curve and the roar goes away. Listen a couple times to confirm. Has anyone fixed this before? How can I trouble shoot something like this? In the video I assume that it is front since it goes away. Good assumption or not?

This car/engine, etc... has 4400 miles on it... old tires, old tranny, new front bearings and bushings, a new right hand axle (both CV joints from Tangerine Racing). alignment all round. I guess the sound showed up a week or so back, best I can remember. Just last week I finished sound proofing and new carpet, so it is a bit easier to hear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaGpgxC4iR4
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th June 2024 - 01:36 AM