Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> New to Mechanical Fuel Injection on a -6, How to replace air box for ventures?
R8CERX
post Aug 1 2014, 04:17 PM
Post #1

2014 New year resolution: To get along with Woody...

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,972
Region Association: Southern California

Ok. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)

I love the new race car; 914 with a 2.7 RS engine and Bosch Mech Fuel Injection.
Race it twice and is plenty fast and powerful that I am not even maximizing its potential.

I still got the 205-50-15 wheels with 200 tread wear..and oh boy! I am ice skating everywhere! so I have learned to keep it slow to go fast! this is another story for another thread about tires!!

MY CURRENT ISSUE:
I hate the lack of sound--I still have the one single out muffler and the air box on top of the fuel injection ventures.

I am all ears for your advise in how and where I can buy the necessary hardware to get rid of the air box and put open air stacks (with perhaps a mesh on top) so I can hear the low sound better?

also, I got a pair of two megaphones, that I plan to put on the exhaust, and take the single outlet muffler--if this becomes too loud (specially for autocross or track events), I may just have the muffler converted into a double exit vs a single one.

I am open to all of your suggestions!!

I am a driver, not a real hands on mechanic, so keep it simple and stupid..... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th June 2024 - 05:12 PM