Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Fuel Line Return, Needed?
scruz914
post Jan 24 2005, 07:13 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,724

I have the engine out and started cleaning up around the engine compartment. I removed some thick, dried out black gunk impregnated, wrapping around the fuel lines where they run from the firewall to the engine shelf. I guess the wrapping was for protection. Anyway, under the wrapping I see that the return line is plugged with a screw. The fuel line runs to a filter under the shelf, then to a cheap-o (but works) regulator in the engine compartment, followed by another filter, then to a T, and finally to the carbs. I have no idea what the plumbing is under the fuel tank in the front. I have carbs, the fuel pump is in the front, and the engine runs fine. Should the return line be operational? What is its function? I am guessing it is related to FI and not carbs.

-Jeff
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 07:31 PM