Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Help me get my 2.0 running smoothly!
jaywood
post Aug 30 2014, 10:46 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,836
Region Association: None

I just picked up a 74' 2.0 and I got a few questions. We bought this thing as non-running. It runs....but it's real rough. What can you tell me about this carb setup that came installed? We have the factory carbs as well but it came with this carb setup installed. They appear to be brand new and looks like the PO never got the car to run right with this carb setup installed.

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/farm4.staticflickr.com-17836-1409460377.1.jpg)

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/farm6.staticflickr.com-17836-1409460378.2.jpg)

Should there be a vacuum hose coming off the carb? There's a port for it but no hose has been run.

We pulled the plugs and all of them were in rough shape...#4 especially. Cylinder #4 has a timesert on the spark plug threads and looked to be drenched in fuel. The rest were just old and worn out (and none of them matched...had 4 different plugs in there, lol)

We also did a valve adjustment. Wow were those out of spec. One of the intake valves had almost .120" of clearance. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) So we got all the valves within spec and tomorrow will be putting in the new plugs. Hoping to get this 2.0 running smoothly!

The breather hoses seem to be cracked at the ports.

Any other recommendations on what to do/check to get it running proper would be great. Thanks 914world! Great community, glad to be a part of it!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 11:27 AM