Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!
> Input on current market values, Soon to be new owner
914Next
post Sep 16 2014, 09:37 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,695
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Some of you have been following my thread about the 73 2.0 that I had the opportunity to look and and consider purchasing. Owner was asking a very high price for this very original and clean car. Initially we were very far apart but we reached agreement tonight for me to purchase the car. I have not yet seen the car so feel free to rip me a new one for doing a deal sight unseen. It is a risk, no doubt. with that said I have purchased four all original cars in this same manner and all were just as I expected...or better. I place a lot of confidence in pics and conversations with the owners. I've walked from great cars just because I don't trust the person on the other end of the phone or keyboard. Now all of you can sit back, judge and see if my instincts were correct. Makes for a great thread. The buy price was high...no doubt. Seller has been great. A porsche family and a pleasure to talk with. With that said, I'm hopeful that this is a really special car. Pics to come soon. I won't take delivery for a couple of weeks I'm sure. In the meantime, here is a summary write-up of some of the facts and info about the car.

1973 Porsche 914 2.0L with Appearance Group Originality
VIN: 4732920367
Engine #: GA 004619 Transmission #: HA 13043 Karmann chassis #: 1749508 Color: L30E, Bahia Red Mileage: 44,837
To help authenticate the car’s all original condition, the following items validate this

Inspection sticker in the rear trunk near the Karmann chassis number
Inspection sticker on the rear trunk lid near the latch. Factory stamped, “IL-1” Inspection sticker on the engine lid cover, passenger side
Original Pre-Delivery Inspection (PDI) sticker on the driver’s door jam dated 6/22/1973
White paint on the front shock towers and bolt (they’ve never been removed) Green paint splashed on all four lug nuts on all four wheels that indicated to factory assembly line workers the lug nuts had been properly torqued
Original factory wheel center caps with the wide flange
Original red vacuum hoses in the engine compartment
Original Continental Schlauchlos Radial spare tire. Size 165HR15-308. Still wears the original wheel weights and tire paint indicating where the valve stem aligned on the tire. One green and two red dots. Tire still has the factory blue and yellow stripes down the center, is like new and holds air. Original 4-bolt Fuch dated 4/73 with part number: 914.361.011.01
Complete, original tool kit including original Bilstein jack. Factory tool kit bag is black plastic with 4 breather holes, 2 front and 2 back. Still retains the factory black rubber band.
Original white headlight surrounds (later in 1973 they switched to black)
The car
batteries and one set of tires.
has had the oil & filter changed 28 times in its 41 years. It has only had four new
• HO Campaign – Dealer switched out original battery cover for an improved one Car comes with original which is in like-new condition
• Original front and rear license plate brackets included
• Original/correct VW/Hella “Made in Germany” interior light. It is cracked and
hazed, but fully functional
• Correct 165R15 tires
• Correct Leistritz muffler. Stamped “Typ VW-Porsche 914/4 Made in W-
Germany 04/86” Installed new in: July, 1996
• Original Blaupunkt radio with factory manual
• Two sets of original keys (4 total). Two valet, two regular. Both with Bosch antenna keys. One set never used with the dealer inventory tag still attached in its’ original Porsche leather pouch
• Original Porsche/Hörsteler fiber mats (coco type), driver and passenger
• Original set of Porsche carpet mats, set of four
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 08:42 PM