Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Running Lean But Not Mean, Carb Help...
somd914
post Oct 7 2014, 05:42 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,741
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

So it's been a while with a hectic work schedule since spring and a move over the summer. Finally back to the 914... Forgot how much fun she can be. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I left off last spring fighting a stumble with pulling away and with partial throttle acceleration.

My engine is a 2056, weber 40 IDFs running 28 vent, 130 main, 50 idle, F11 emulsion. Timing is set for 27 deg at 3500, Pertronix SVDA dizzy (had an 009 with worse results), Webcam 86b cam, stock heads.

I installed an AEM A/F gauge last weekend - numbers look decent with idle, wide open, cruise (most of the time), but partial throttle (perhaps 1/4 - 1/3 pedal travel) leans out to 15-17 and stays there until cruise I can throttle back or open the throttle up. While cruising slight increases in throttle for a hill or small speed increase leans out from 12.5-13.5 range to 15-17 and stays there once again until I can throttle back or open up more. Seems to be dependent on throttle position, not RPM.

Carbs are synched using a snail gauge checking at idle, 2,000 RPM and 3,000 RPM.

Any thoughts/guidance from the carb gurus out there?

Thanks!

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 07:47 AM