Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Got stuck on the way home in a major rain storm..., Leakage around the front targa seal? coming in along the A-pillar
DRPHIL914
post Oct 15 2014, 06:19 AM
Post #1

Dr. Phil

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,106
Region Association: South East States

O.K. so all the seals are new within the last couple years. the front targa seal was installed by me - its a 914rubber product seems to fit correctly and the top fits nice and tight to it.

The most water intrusion was on driver's side along the base of the A pillar. it is dripping just in front of where the speaker pod is, close to the front of the door. It seems to me it is coming in under the -pillar trim.
could this be getting in under the front targa bar seal?

I might have to do a test with a hose and flood or spray at a specific location to see if that is where it is coming in- any other ideas would be appreciated.

Like i said, have not noticed this with a light rain, just 2x now with really heavy rain.

Phil
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 03:40 AM