Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Is Your Pedal Stop Adjusted Correctly, what could possibly go wrong?
76-914
post Oct 16 2014, 01:59 PM
Post #1

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

I wanted to pass this along. On my way out of town last week I decided to garage Blanco (the white 76). I hadn't started it in 2 weeks and when it needed a "goose" to keep it from dieing I inadvertently "mashed" the pedal to the floor. The idle wouldn't drop below 2500rpm and I was on my way out so I just parked it in the garage. In my mind, I decided I had a deteriorated cable tube and that my excessive force had scissored the end of the tube as my cable sliced thru the end. Not the case!. What I found was the Bell Crank end on the right side of the pedal assm (where the round knob that slides into the accelerator rod) had bent due to excessive lateral force. IOW, the pedal went to the left of center whilst the other end of the rod went right of center which caused the Bell Crank to bend inwards towards the tunnel. There should be about an 8-10mm gap between the tunnel wall and the Bell Crank. With out that gap the Bell Crank cannot return completely as it collides with the tunnel wall. The fix was simple. Just bend it back into place. I adjusted my pedal stop out to the proper point and tried to recreate that fiasco to no avail. It's just a 13mm plastic head that in my case needed to back out a lot. It only needs to contact the pedal at the end of it's travel. Never seemed important until now. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/slap.gif) I checked the stop on Kugel (the Black one) and it was the same?????? Were these not set at the factory or are the aftermarket cable discrepancies to blame? No matter but you might check yours. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 02:42 AM