Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> newbie suffering from google fatigue, considering a purchase and conversion
jkhinch
post Oct 26 2014, 08:03 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,060
Region Association: Middle East

Hi,
I've tried hard to do my due diligence before posting a simply clearly newbie question like this - but giving up the ghost.

Here's the deal. I've located a 914 that I think is in decent shape. By decent shape, I mean my wife doesn't think its in decent shape (i/e - its not ready to roll). It only has one rust hole. The interior is stripped out and ready to be painted. It has a 1.8 ready to be carbed. The interior has bee displayed so I can see that its in acceptable shape.
Priced in the neighborhood of $1500.

i've also located a low mileage turn key 97 Subaru 2.2. For in the neighborhood of $500. I thought nearly doubling the hp sounded good.. but I'm suffering from forum fatigue and now can't tell if I'm getting way over my head ..... only to later wish I'd dropped more hp in.

Furthermore, since my M.O. is to get bored of a vehicle after 4 or 5 years, what is the reasonable value for a non-v8 non-stock 914? If I pick this up for roughly $2k, paint thoroughly for $2.5k, add any conversion needs I can't have fabricated myself... do I have a prayer of recuperating the cost or close to it at some point in the future? I clearly do not have the budget for a complete kit.

Thanks! Josh
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 10:15 PM