Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OUCH!!!, An expensive joy ride
Carlitos Way
post Jan 31 2005, 01:21 AM
Post #1

I did it MY WAY

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,757
Region Association: Southern California

Well, I decided I couldn't let my teener sit for another day and decided to take a nice cruise down Box Canyon and the Santa Susana Pass. Something didn't seem right, so I let off the engine and didn't really push it most of the way. On the way back, I could hear something in the tires didn't seem right... so I slowed down even more. I even pulled over and took a look at the tires, thinking one had gone soft. Didn't find any problems, so I kept going.

Back into town, and thinking it's time to take it home and take a deeper look. POP!!! All of a sudden the right front tire blew... Doing about 50 in a commercial area. Pulled over, and sure enough, right front tire blew.

But that wasn't the worst part of it. Somehow, something flew up (a chunk of the tire?) and hit the right door... left a really "nice" circular mark right in the middle of my door. It almost looks like a racing circle... except without the numbers.

So I had the car towed to the shop and purchased 4 new tires. Noticed that the PO had the aligment so bad, that the tires wore through on the inside. Down to the steel belts, but only on the second thread from the inside.

Now the next challenge is, finding the right place to do the alighment. Unfortunately, the only place "my mechanic" trusts for alignment is the dealer. I'm thinking this is gonna be expensive.

Any suggestions?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 11:32 AM