Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> chassis reinforcement - where to start, have the guds, where to start?
TravisNeff
post Feb 1 2005, 01:46 PM
Post #1

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 447
Region Association: Southwest Region

I am planning to do some reinforcements to my tub. I have the rear trunk cleaned out of paint and seam sealer, plan is to stitch weld the rear, install the engman kit sitting in the garage and reinforce the front trunk area (after welding in the AC patch).

I started on the rear panel filling the trunk release button and filling the emblem holes, have my patches in place for antenna and side markers, but started a bit on the shock towers. Then I thought, that I'd better plan this out a little bit better.

The car has the engine and tranny in place for the moment and will stay that way for at least a month or so (moving). Where and how should I start? have the car on jackstands, measurements, bracing (to hold the chassis in place while I do this) etc. I'd hate to be 3/4 done and realize I goofed and should have done it in another order.

I also plan on reinforcing the rear suspension pickup points, but that will happen when the engine/tranny comes out.

Gimme some thoughts..

I'll try to clean up some and take a few pics tonight so you can see what I am working with
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 05:16 AM