Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Help needed with caliper rebuild late 76 914-4
Easyb
post Nov 30 2014, 04:21 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,016
Region Association: None

I'm rebuilding a rear caliper one a 76 914 using existing parts and the small rebuild kit from PMB and their very helpful YouTube video.
The issue I'm facing is that the clip the lock the spring and seat in the inner tensioner is not staying in place (the clip isn't). I'm able to push the pin in and it stays until in install the piston and I push it in then i can hear the clip pop out and the tensioner doesn't align with the hole in the gear and the piston can't be adjusted properly.
Just spent several hours dealing with it.
There is one obvious damage to the components and I was able to rebuild the rear driver side caliper without much issues. This caliper had a frozen piston that was grinding the brake pad. Piston inner parts appear ok and I had them out and cleaned them before resetting them inside the piston.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Have you experienced this before? Thanks in advance.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 05:25 PM