Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Winter Project: 2.0 Head rebuilder?, Looking for a place on the East Coast, or anywhere
1972 914 2.0
post Jan 13 2015, 05:32 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,745
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Evening all,

For my winter project I'm rebuilding the 2.0 in my '74. The whole motor is torn down, case split, everything solvent tanked, and the plan for a mild hot rod is made. But I'm running into problems finding a reliable head rebuilder who knows these heads and will do them justice. The previous owner bollocksed up the heads by grinding the valves and guides down too far and also put rusty valve springs back in the heads. Before I bought the car last year, the intake valve spring on the #4 cylinder broke causing the rocker to shear, pushing the valve into the cylinder bending the valve and dinging the cylinder. New springs, rockers, cylinders/pistons are in the works so no worries there. But the intake guide was pushed into the head causing cracking around the seat. (Photos included)

In short: I need a company (or a shop) that knows what they're doing. New guides and valves, polished ports, etc. And to find out if they can repair the cracked head or if i need a new casting. Both heads need rebuilding but this is the one I'm worried about.

Any suggestions or help is greatly appreciated because without heads I'm going nowhere fast (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif) and I'd like to be on the road by late spring.

Best,
Chris

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th June 2024 - 06:11 PM