Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> New to me 914, 1974 914 2.0
moorepower
post May 9 2015, 11:46 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,718
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I just looked over a 1974 914 with 93k miles. It has been owned by a family friend since 1981. He is the second owner and the original owner bought in Cali. I looked over all the places for rust in all of the places everyone says to look, and the R/H jack plate?? is rusty but not really as much as I expected. Right behind the antenna there is a rust spot on the fender. The battery box has been replaced but I see no rust below it, and the R/H rear suspension mount looks great. He repainted it black back in the early 80's and it is cracking, and needs a paint job. At that time they blasted the bottom side and painted and undercoated it. In 81 it had the engine rebuilt with a 78mm stroker and stock bore Mahle pistons, with a street cam, new valves, guides, springs and rocker arms and Mallory distributor, along with a new flywheel and clutch. It also had a pair of 44 Webers installed, new at the time of rebuild. He showed me the ticket and it was over $2k in 1981. It has 5 Mahle wheels, Bilstein shocks, new SS heat exchangers and a soon to be coated extractor and muffler. The interior is about 8-10, with only a small 3" tear in the drivers seat. It has a factory console also. The car was in a barn under a cover when he bought it in 1981 and it only was drive 1 winter. Since he has owned it other than 1981 he has not taken the car cover off in the garage to drive it if it looks like rain. Now for the big question, was the price of $3800 a good price, knowing that it needs paint and all the rubber gaskets/ weatherstrip replaced? I am not looking for a show car, just a fun car to take to the Friday nite drive in shows and possibly a tiny bit of auto/x.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 07:16 AM