Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Finally Done, Restoring a 74
chandler1969
post Jul 31 2015, 12:10 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,352
Region Association: None

Stopped by the body shop today. We have Paint!

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

In May of 2014, I was hit by a mailman. He hit me square in the passenger rear quarter panel. That was completely replaced from a parts car. While the body guy was working on that, I had him cut out all rust that we could find on the body. Sails, rear hood, on both doors, both front quarter panels and around the door frame. Alot of it he had to cut the rust and weld in new metal. No rust underneath or in the hell hole.

Also had a mechanic with 40 years experience with 914's pull the engine. He replaced all seals, did a valve adjustment, replaced shift rod bushings and front brakes. He also sealed up all the freeze plugs.

I have new tires waiting to be put on as well. Cant wait to drive it! It's going to be like a new car. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

Finally got the car back. It looks really good. I'll take/post more detailed pics shortly. I put new tires on but need to find a place that can do an alignment. NTB said they couldnt for this car. Gotta replace the clutch cable as well.

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th June 2024 - 02:22 AM