Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Bursch Questions
Part Pricer
post Jun 11 2003, 02:24 PM
Post #1

Believe everything I post

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 35

Last night, when I was leaving the PCA meeting, I noticed that my car seemed a bit loud. When I got home, my wife said that she thought that my car was louder than usual. Today, I got under it to take a look and...my Bursch exhaust has given up the ghost. One of the pipes has completely rusted through at the flange where it attaches to the heat exchanger.

Now, here is the first of my questions. I really like the sound of the Bursch and I am planning on installing another. However, is there anything that I can do to treat the new unit to help fend off rust this time? Would a good high temperture paint help? Or, should I seek out some more elaborate protection?

Now, the next item isn't really a question just an observation that I thought that I would share with everyone. After I discovered that I needed a new exhaust, I started shopping around online at the usual suspects. Being the comparison shopper that I am, I wanted to see the total price to me for the exhaust, 2 gaskets and shipping.

Based on the price of the exhaust alone, I thought that it was going to be a close race between two of the vendors. After everything was totaled, it did wind up being a close race, but it was for last place. (and one of them even had free shipping)

My findings are below. FYI, the prices show a 6% discount on purchases from Performance because of an online buying group that I belong to.

Isn't it amazing how people pad their margins with shipping?

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Part Pricer   Bursch Questions   Jun 11 2003, 02:24 PM
Jeff Krieger  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 01:01 PM