Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Euro-Spec Car?
GregAmy
post Dec 14 2015, 07:42 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,565
Region Association: North East States

Relatively new to 914s, a few years. I've got a '74 2L that I've been refurb'ing for a bit, and in working on it I'm noticing a few odd things:

- No evidence of the seat belt interlock system. No wires anywhere, nothing tucked away in a hole.
- Oddball European rear tail lights, has a small outer bulb that is missing from the spares I have in the loft.
- Originally came with Euro front lenses, I've since replaced them with US orange (euro replacements too damned expensive).
- When I select a turn signal with the ignition off, the parking bulbs (and that small bulb) light up on that side of the car and stay on.
- Headlight washer nozzles (that I've yet to track down to where they go) and there was a spare washer tank in the front trunk.
- Electrical washer pump, which I understand is not stock?
- Strange combo of dash- and center console-mounted oil temp. I converted it to center console only.

I had originally dismissed most of this as a prior owner doing conversions (quality of work suspect), but I only discovered the city lights yesterday, accidentally, as I was installing the replacement dash pad (I thought I had a bad ground, then pulled the tail light covers to find the city bulbs).

What have I got here? Previous owner conversion or a car that was not delivered in the USA? VIN 4742918315 .

Greg

Edited typo for headlight washer nozzles
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 08:35 PM