Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Looks like I am keeping my 914, but still have a transportation issue looming
scott_in_nh
post Mar 3 2016, 10:27 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,471
Region Association: North East States

A few of you may recall that I was selling my 914 and going to buy a 996.
I had a lot of interest on the 914 and some solid offers, but not enough to make a deal.

In the meantime I read as much as I could, good and bad and came to the conclusion that an early 996 isn’t the right car at the right price for me right now.
I’m not giving up on someday owning a 911, but it is off the radar screen for now.
Yes that means I am keeping my 914!

But it doesn’t resolve my transportation problem.
I am 2 years into a 3 year lease on a Dodge Dart GT with the 2.4l and a six speed.
Don’t believe the reviews, with the stick it is a fun car to drive with my only complaints being that 1st gear is too short and the clutch is too light.

At the minimum, I have to decide what to do when the lease is over.
But I may not want to wait for that, I have 24k on it now and I don’t believe the tires will make it past 30k.
That means I either have to spend about $1k for tires and then return it, or drive it next winter on bald tires.

So I’m going to look into what the buyout is between now and then and strongly consider trading it in on a used car.
I am considerably below the mileage I paid for so might not be upside down or at least not by much.

What I’m looking at now would be a BMW 128i for $9-10k with 80-100k miles on it.
Anybody own one or have experience?
Thoughts?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 03:25 AM