Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Fresh Air Box Grill Replacement
hmssaab
post Apr 10 2016, 06:53 PM
Post #1

hmssaab

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,460
Region Association: None

For what its worth.......
Fuel tank comes out.
Use a split ring plier to remove the box clips after the box is removed (if needed to be opened up...might as well replace the box flapper seals).
I would cut off the air box drainage hoses and replace them (with pond tubing from Home Depot...close match) instead of trying to pull them off the box drain tubes so as to avoid breaking the drain tubes. ABS glue mends broken drain tubes.
The grill gasket was slightly larger than the perimeter profile of the box, so I installed the grill/gasket (with soap and water) on each box end, wrapped a rubber band about the box ends, then pushed down the center of the grill gasket onto the box and installed two more rubber bands at the third points. These rubber bands are just snipped and pulled out after the box is in place.
The grill gasket was slightly thicker so I enlarged the holes in the two vertical flanges under the cowl so the two side box fasteners could be installed. I also slightly bent the vertical side flanges under the cowl also to allow the lager (wider) gasket to be installed. Lots of soap and water to both the gasket and the cowl. The rubber bands hold things together (the box in the gasket channel) as the box goes in horizontally and then up. If the gasket pops off the box will not go up into position all the way.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th June 2024 - 06:42 AM