Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT: Concert Tonight!, The Starting Line
Spoke
post Apr 3 2005, 08:20 AM
Post #1

Jerry

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,031
Region Association: None

It's rained here for the last 24 hours. It's cold out (35F). But I'm in good spirits as I'm going to a concert tonight. My kids are into a punk rock band out of Philly called "The Starting Line". They're playing in a small club, "The Silo" in Reading PA.

The Starting Line

We've seen these guys twice already. Once at the Electric Factory in Philly and once at the Starland Ballroom in Sayresville, NJ. They definitely rock.

I'm the chaparone for my 2 teenage daughters and their 2 friends. I don't mind since the 3 places we've seen concerts at are small clubs (<1000 people), most don't allow smoking, and best of all, have a bar area for those of us over 21 to have some cocktails. I sit at the bar while the kids mosh. I like the music that they listen to but no way would I want to get into the mosh pit. Sorry, but moshing is nuts. I can usually see them in the crowd so I know they're ok. We keep in touch between bands via cell phones.

They've dragged me to a few concerts lately (The Starting Line, The Early November, New Found Glory, Dashboard Confessional, The Matches, Yellowcard). I haven't been to this many concerts since the years after I was out of high school when my buddies and I saw Kansas, Lynryd Skynyrd, The Outlaws, Black Sabbath, Van Halen, Ted Nugent, Charlie Daniels Band, ZZ Top, Steve Miller Band, Heart, and The Marshall Tucker Band, all in Pittsburgh.

BTW, here's some pics from yesterdays trip to the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum in DC. The last pic is my new hood crest.

Spoke

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Spoke   OT: Concert Tonight!   Apr 3 2005, 08:20 AM
rick 918-S   Dude! Your a cool Dad!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 03:25 AM