Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!
> FS - Beautiful '71 914-6, Fully/completely restored
Cairo94507
post May 21 2016, 03:28 PM
Post #1

Michael

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

So I was crusing eBay this morning over coffee and saw this '71 Six for sale with a ton of well done pictures and I thought, "Wow, that Six is truly remarkable" http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-914-AWARD-...em=121983925463 . Then I saw it was listed for sale in Burlingame, CA, just 40 minutes from my home. I called and spoke to the owner of Scottsdale Sport of San Francisco , John Miraglia, and confirmed the car was there and available to be seen.

My brother and I drove there and met John. I told him upfront I was not a buyer, as I had a '71 Six of my own that was undergoing a complete restoration, and that I just wanted to look at his car. John's place, (1250 Rollins Road, Burlingame, CA 94010) is a beautiful facility with plenty of space and a huge parking lot.... more on that later.

John opened up the '71 and let me gawk all I wanted. This Six is a top quality complete Concours restoration. It is hands down the nicest Six I have ever seen.

John is a Porsche-holic and has a lot of very nice cars in his showroom. Sitting directly behind the '71 was a Tangerine '70 Six that was an older restoration, but still a very nice clean car.

We talked during the hour I was there drooling over his '71 and I mentioned 914World.Com and that I would post a picture and mention his business. He was a genuinely nice guy and easy to talk to with.

His ask is high on this Six, but, and don't shoot the messenger, I think it is going to sell for close to the ask. This car looked better than it would have rolling off the assembly line. I looked underneath and the exhaust was ceramic coated, spotless engine/transaxle, everything looked proper and done to the highest standards.

John's '71 Six has the early hard (license plate opening) edge rear bumper and that was the only thing I would question. My research indicates mid-way through the '71 production, they switched to the more rounded rear bumper. My car, a late production car, has that one, and Johns car was made after my car. I actually had a hard edged rear bumper in storage and sold it once I confirmed my car would have come with the bumper that was in fact on it. I have to say, as clean as John's car is, with all of the attention to detail, I am wondering if the people I checked with gave me bad advise re my rear bumper.....

John mentioned he might consider hosting a Cars & Coffee at his place one weekend. He certainly has the eye candy and parking to handle all of us and then some. I think that would be a good fit as it is easy to get to, right off the Broadway exit of the 101, 4 miles north of the 92 San Mateo Bridge.

Anyway, if you are out driving around, stop in and check it out, as well as the rest of his inventory. He has some seriously nice cars for sale.

Here is a picture of John's car:

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd May 2024 - 10:30 PM