Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> CSOB thwarted again, 3-piece rim tire mounting fail, A6 was no problem, A7 fighting back
mskala
post Aug 8 2016, 09:17 AM
Post #1

R

Group: Members
Member No.: 79
Region Association: None

So, for my Fuchs centered BBS race wheels, 7.5x16, I finally have the need to put
on the Hoosier A7. (My tires last a long time since I don't do too many events per
year).

A while back, I got sick of tire places that charge $75 or more to mount up the stuff
that they don't sell. I told them if they would sell Hoosier I would buy it there.

So when I had the A6, I just took apart the wheels and assembled on the tires. Don't
need good balancing for low speeds at autocross so I can do that on a bubble.

The A7 in the same 205/45/16 size looks identical in dimensions, but the damn things
will not seat the last part of one of the beads. I'm not going above 40psi. I used a
rubber mallet for a while, I put one on the car to shake it, then I went up and down
the driveway a few times, then a few hundred yards down the street slowing going
side to side. No dice.

Now I have 2 like this and the other 2 I haven't tried at all. Any special way to make
this work or do I have to crawl back to the bastards with the machinery?

Thanks
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th June 2024 - 10:59 PM