Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Rear mount turbo
socal1200r
post Dec 7 2016, 09:33 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,432
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Okay, had some time on my hands, and got to thinking about this, so bear with me.

Attached Image

On this single-tip exhaust system, wouldn't it be possible to mount a turbo at the header flange, then route the piping directly back to the throttle body, with no intercoolers? I used to have a Merkur Xr4Ti, and the turbo system in there went directly from the turbo into the TB, no intercoolers or other fancy turbo-related gizmos. I realize a setup like this wouldn't be the best type of turbo system, but is it doable?

Seems to me that with the right turbo, it should be fairly simple to do? 'Course if that causes a ripple effect, in that the stock ECU can't handle it, new injectors, fuel pump, etc. etc., it may not be worth the trouble. But in theory, I'm thinking it should be an alternative turbo solution, and much simpler to do? This would be something to increase the hp on a daily driver, not a track car for sure. Just an option to try and squeeze more hp from a 1.7.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st May 2024 - 10:38 PM