Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Odd minor idle issue, slightly fast until it's not
oakdalecurtis
post Mar 13 2017, 02:01 PM
Post #1

Oakdalecurtis

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,802
Region Association: Central California

76 2.0 FI stock except for Crane ignition. I finally got all parts dialed in, AAR, thermostat, no vac leaks, runs perfectly, just passed smog with best numbers ever. It idles at about 700 rpm after warmup, but sometimes when I get to a stop light and come to a halt, the idle will drop to about 1200 to 1300 and hold there. If I let the clutch out slightly to drop the idle further, the idle will then drop the it's typical 7 to 8 hundred and hold there fine. Any idea why the idle would stop sometimes at this slightly higher speed sometimes? It can't be an air leak or the idle wouldn't go to 7-800 most of the time, nor would slowing it further when it's at 1300 rpm get it back to it's normal idle again. Not a big deal, just curious if the wizards of smart in here have any thoughts on what to look at. Thanks
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th June 2024 - 10:43 AM