Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> rear suspension console (near) failure, found my 3rd one!
brant
post Jun 30 2003, 10:09 AM
Post #1

914 Wizard

Group: Members
Member No.: 47
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Hello all,

just relating my weekend experience, and urging people to check carefully.

This weekend I was at my race shop, getting the new chassis worked on for the new racecar. We were putting in a rear suspension console brace. I have the motor out and the engine bay half ready for paint, so I have looked it over closely and did not notice any problems...

On the inner wing, where the swing-arm nut goes, we burned the paint off to prep for welding the brace. Under the paint, you could clearly see the cracks that had started. This was not visible with the paint on. This is a low mile shell, with no rust, and it has never been on the track or had sticky tires..... SCARY...

This is the 3rd console I have personally had that failed. All on the right side for some reason. The first 2 were 10years back on a racecar before I knew about the need to brace this area.

so look carefully people....
brant
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th June 2024 - 03:54 PM