Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Windshield frame to glass gap excessive., Glass or Body?
ruby914
post Jul 29 2017, 09:11 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,305
Region Association: None

I replaced my windshield about a year ago. I don't recall how the old one fit this car. Seems it was better than this. At that time I also replaced the original trim with rubber trim. Maybe the original trim covered or hid a bad fit better? With this ~1/2" gap the rubber has a hard time staying in place. The gap on the other side is equal, little smaller on the top. The curvature is a bit excessive on the top passenger side, more so than the drivers side. I thought the Chinese glass was flatter than original.
Not knowing the history of this car, I don't know if the windshield is %100 the problem.
There are indications that the quarter panels were replaced with welds visible at the bottom of the A pillars. The body dimensions are reasonable.
I need to get this resolved before paint.
Any body work guys run into this before? Bad glass?

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 05:31 PM