Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> replacing front shocks, ball joints too?
tat2dphreak
post May 18 2005, 12:54 PM
Post #1

stoya, stoya, stoya

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 792
Region Association: Southwest Region

I re-read all of the old threads and couldn't find the real answer to this question: when do you need to replace the ball joints? should you do it on GPs when you change the front shocks? is there a visual inspection to look for to tell you when they NEED replacing?

I'm going to be doing the front shocks soon, but don't *really* want to do the ball joints until they need it... it's a pain on every vehicle, and it looks to be a double pain on the teener!

I read the tech article on paragon on replacing front shocks, and they never mention doing the ball-joints...

what about tie-rod ends? any other safety issues I should check out while I'm under there again?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
tat2dphreak   replacing front shocks   May 18 2005, 12:54 PM
Mueller   if the boot is torn, if you have obvious signs of ...   May 18 2005, 01:00 PM
Kargeek   How many miles on the car? 100,000 miles? change t...   May 18 2005, 01:02 PM
ArtechnikA   <...   May 18 2005, 01:45 PM
ArtechnikA   http://www.914world.com/bbs2/h...   May 18 2005, 02:33 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th June 2024 - 03:06 AM