Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Windshield wiper lever swith problem, need info
carcus
post Aug 21 2017, 10:46 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,760
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Having a problem with my wipers, the wiring is good, but my mechanic is replacing the windshield wiper lever. Got 2 of them from a Auto Atlanta, the first one my mechanic tried did not work, the second one did not work on both speeds, now a 3rd one is being sent and Auto Atlanta said this is the last one and done. Car has been in the shop for quite a while dealing with the issues. I know getting new parts like this are almost unobtanium. I have a 1976 2.0 914. Not sure what to do after this. These could have been a bad batch of reman stuff from Auto Atlanta...went through that with a master cylinder before with them. Any suggestions?

Problem for wiper lever replacement: Wipers would not always turn off.

Motor checks good, wiper relay is good, wiring is good. The mechanic can get the wipers working fine by testing the wires.

This is not a slam at Auto Atlanta, but right now stuck between a rock and a hard place. Do I give up, remove the wipers, cap them and call it a summer car?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 09:18 PM