Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> MPS mounting location, inside the car?
mattillac
post May 28 2005, 11:47 AM
Post #1

robots!

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,020

as i slowly save up for my 2056 rebuild, i'm still thinking about fuel delivery. i've spent some money on d-jet replacement parts and i don't really want to get rid of them if
i switch to msefi. so i was thinking, my d-jet should be able to handle a 2056 with a mild cam, but i will have to tune with the mps. i was planning on buying a wide band o2 sensor and mounting in the car. sooooo, why not just mount the mps in the car also?

after reading anders d-jet site, adjustment to the mps is straight forward if you can monitor the changes you make. that's what the wideband o2 sensor is for. so why not just mount the mps somewhere within arms reach and make adjustments while i drive and keep an eye on the o2 readout? i'm just not sure how far away i can mount the mps and still have accurate fuel control.

any thoughts? (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wacko.gif)

and drive safe over the holiday weekend! (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/driving.gif)

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
mattillac   MPS mounting location   May 28 2005, 11:47 AM
ArtechnikA     May 28 2005, 12:17 PM
Bleyseng   The adjustments are hard enough to do so try not t...   May 28 2005, 12:50 PM
mattillac  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th June 2024 - 01:49 PM