Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> I need help. Did type 1 engine have hydraulic lifters, Adjusting valves and I can't figure this out.
Krieger
post Feb 11 2018, 11:27 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,104
Region Association: None

1970 bug. I don't know the history of the motor. It does appear to have a cover plate on the case where a type 3 might have an oil fill tube. Maybe a later universal case? I am checking the valve lash. The 4 valves I have checked all have to be backed off about two turns to have any gap. One of them I removed the adjuster screw and the rocker arm is touching the dang valve stem still with NO lash. So then I go to check the 3/4 side and they all have no lash so I just stop. WTH? Engine at TDC, rotor pointing at notch on distributor. I verified with spark plugs out piston at top of travel. I checked the distributor driveshaft and it's orientation is close. Engine case # 211 101 101 D.
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 11:33 PM