Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Flasher relay issue, Electrical issue with relay
gfrewin
post May 2 2018, 07:04 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,091
Region Association: Canada

Hello,
I'm a new 914 owner and also new to this forum and hoping someone can help steer me in the right direction.

Over the winter I restored the dash on my 1972 914-4 and removed the gauges. Before I put the gauges back in I installed a retrosound radio and when I tested it I also tested the lights, 4-way flashers and turn signals and all was fine.

When I put it all back together a couple of days ago and went to start it, the relay was active when I turn the key to the on position. Not activating the exterior lights but the heat warning lights flash in the fuel gauge. When I pull the hazard switch on, the relay stops. It also stops when the car is actually running. When I try to use the turn signals it blows a fuse.

I've triple checked the wiring of the gauges and all looks correct. I'm considering replacing the relay but I wanted to see if anyone had any insight before I start throwing parts at the problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Gregg.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th June 2024 - 12:26 PM