Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> New Here Metal Replacement Order, Body repair order of process
SeanP
post Oct 18 2018, 04:58 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,333
Region Association: England

Hi All

New here and this is my first post. Located in the UK. Have restored my 66 912 back to near factory standard with some owner modifications, (think Fuchs, carbs, and exhaust).

I have purchased a 74 2.0 914 to restore.

I have got the car running on its original fuel injection system and have sorted a majority of the electrical issues, (Ignition switch and some fine wiring mods removed). So the mechanical side of the car is fine.

Having been through the car I need to replace the usual floors battery, tray, front suspension pan, (YIKES), and the rocker panels. Someone had welded some folded flat plate over the floors and rockers so I am having to cut that fine piece of work off to replace all of the corroded metalwork.

Is there a preferred order of replacement?
Which bit should I tackle first?
Also need to brace and pull the car back into alignment as the door gaps are narrow at the the bottom and wide at the top. Thinking of using some metal box welded to the inside of the cabin with a turnbuckle to pull the rear back into alignment. What do you guys think?

Many thanks in advance for the help

Sean
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 07:11 PM