Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Pertronix Bench Test Question
Ansbacher
post Dec 30 2018, 02:14 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,589

Anyone out there with experience in bench testing a Pertronix ignition module?

Instructions for bench testing says that after hooking everything up, I should get a voltage reading equivalent to the battery I am hooked up to (12V Volts). Then, placing the ring magnet in proximity to the module and rotating it, the voltage should fluctuate between 12 and 0.

However, after hook up, my initial voltage is only reading between 4 and 5 volts. Then, when I do the magnet thing it fluctuates between 12 and 4-5 volts. I tried this test on both a car battery and a 12 Volt power supply and got the same results.

I had previously suspected that this module was bad, so I sent it to Pertronix to be tested. They sent it back to me saying it tested out as good. I am in a quandary as to whether or not I have a bad module.

Pic below of how I hooked it up per the instructions -

Opinions? Thanks.

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th June 2024 - 03:27 AM