Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Checking out a 914 today
ronaldmcthrottle
post Apr 14 2019, 07:27 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,035
Region Association: None

Hello all.

Checking out a 71 914 1.7 today as a project car. Seller says it doesnt consistently run due to fuel pump issues. Ive been reading a little about these cars, wiring corrosion is my first guess.

My dad and I are looking for a "cheap" project. Something we can make a driver out of soon for somewhat cheap, and restore over time. We had a 944S as a project a few years ago. My dad has owned an X19, e29 320i, 280Z, e36 318i. I've messed around with some motorcycles. So we kinda know what we are getting into, just not super specifics about the 914. We've been talking about a bug or karmann ghia for a while, so why not a 914?

The ad says its a 4 speed but arent all 914s 5 speed?

The body is solid. Some corrosion underneath. Floor pans and trunk trays are no big deal to us as long it's structurally sound.

Looks like a very active and helpful forum here so that's a huge positive.

Any suggestions on what else to look for?

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 09:58 PM