Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Tips on getting CV/axle fully seated on transmission flange?
Tdskip
post Jun 24 2019, 10:39 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,666
Region Association: None

So back to the 1973 1.7 FI car where I just took care of the first gear issue. The driver side axle assembly to the mounting point on the flange coming off the transmission receded perfectly. The driver side, however, it did not. When I removed it it was not flush and the prior owner/prior mechanic had put sealant around to close up the gap.

I cleaned all of that sealant off and despite using the correct amount of torque on the bolts it won’t sit flush/fully made where the flange in the CV are supposed to come together.

Are there differences between the years-I’m wondering if I have a missed matched axle assembly for the flange that is on the car maybe? OR, could there be did Paris or something else preventing that fit? I’m reluctant to try even more torque for stripping the bolts or the threads on the flange.

Any ideas or experience pass on?

Thanks!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 06:02 AM