Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Lost compression to left left bank
Willisbegood
post Nov 24 2019, 06:08 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,495
Region Association: South East States

So everything was fine up until a few days ago when I noticed I was having a bit of a problem climbing RPMs when I got on the highway. My initial thought was that my fuel filter was plugged up so I changed it out and that didn’t fix it. I thought maybe because I ran an octane booster in it with supreme fuel that it may have just been running too rich. But it won’t stay running at idle. If I give it gas it will stay running but as soon as I let off it dies out and won’t stay running on its own. I figured it’s cause it was rich fuel so I added regular unleaded to bring the octane down but nothing changed. I then got curious and did a compression test and sure enough the left bank only holds 60lbs. (1&2) cylinders. Cylinder 3&4 hold 115 lbs. does this mean that the engine blew or a gasket blew? Do I need to get a new motor? Any and all input would be greatly appreciated guys thanks!

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 04:26 PM