Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914 TOGGLE SWITCHES ... WHAT WIRES TO CUT?, Trying to figure out which of these wires to break and put a toggle switch in between.
gearhead4111
post Feb 20 2020, 11:43 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,413
Region Association: Central California

Mechanical dude, hating wires.. needs help. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif)

Hey guys, my car came with a start engine button already being installed. I now would like to get rid of the actual steering column lock / key assembly... by leaving the plastic ignition switch piece always in ON position behind the dash but using toggle switches instead to cut the connections to fuel pump and co.... (in case I ever wanted to rebuild to original)

Attached is a picture of the wires I see going into the switch. It’s a total of 7 wires going into 6 contacts on the ignition switch. The two black wires got to the same contact in the switch. All others have a separate pin to go.

I know this must be extremely easy to brake this up with 2 or three toggle switches but my brain is not having it right now...

Your help is highly appreciated.

I will send pics of the switches once installed.

1972 914. 1.7l fuel pump relocated to the front. Fuel pump kicks in as soon ignition is ON, Start engine button installed by previous owner.

Thanks guys

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 03:49 PM