Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Throttle Body and Throttle Position Sensor, ...OK....A Few More questions
Craigers17
post Mar 1 2020, 02:26 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,317
Region Association: South East States

So I recently bought a 914 and have only driven it about 3 miles. The accelerator pedal is very sticky and unresponsive. Today I took off the pedal board and disconnected the throttle cable on both ends. I think the pedal is being restricted by the cable, so I intend on installing a new one. However, it seems the throttle mechanism on the throttle body is also very tight and unresponsive upon actuation and release. So, first issue, I think replacing the cable and possibly having the throttle body rebuilt might fix this issue.

Second issue, it actually idles pretty well, however, with the throttle cable disconnected, if I give it throttle manually, it immediately tries to die. Occasionally it will backfire, but rarely will it rev with rpm's increasing. I realize at this point it's probably to early to diagnose problems, but any idea if this could be a symptom of a faulty TPS or throttle body?

On a side note, but more disturbing, is that while troubleshooting this whole situation, I took off the air cleaner and found it to be rusty and wet....the filter was soaked. So I've put the situation on hold for now while I clean up the air cleaner housing and get a filter.

Any input on any of this would be welcome....obviously I'm no mechanic, but don't let that stop you from making me feel like a dumbass...especially for not checking the air filter first thing. I've enclosed some pics of the pedal area, throttle body, and plenum area.
Thanks in advance.Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 05:51 PM