Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> started as wire fire, now Djet electrical questions, injectors are not firing
brant
post Jul 1 2020, 09:31 AM
Post #1

914 Wizard

Group: Members
Member No.: 47
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

So last fall at the RRC event in October I had a wire fire in the front trunk area
Specifically, the wiring under the fresh air system
I've been procrastinating on tackling this job for 9 months basically

I found a single burned wire that had wore through the insulation, shorted, and then melted the insulation for 3 feet. This wire was one I had added 20 years ago for an auxiliary oil pressure warning light (it was not in any factory loom luckily)

That wire is replaced
all wires crossing, or touching that wire were inspected.
Obviously, I've missed something

The car drove home, and at that time all systems functioning except for the cig lighter, horn, and an auxillary oil pressure warning light (the actual item that shorted)

Now, after pulling the tank, replacing the wire, and inspecting everything...
the problem has worsened. The starter will not turn over, the fresh air blower is not working, plus the horn and cig lighter are still dead, no fuel pump power either (relocated to front trunk) more systems now impacted than initially

I dropped the fuse panel
all of the fuses are intact.
5 of the circuits have power (coming in, and exiting those fuses)

the remaining (is it 6?) circuits are completely dead on the fuse panel
no power coming into the fuse, whether the key is switched on or not

can anyone tell me where the multiple powers supplies to the fuse panel should be coming from? (the 5 working circuits are switched with the ignition key)
I know that is too broad of a question, I will identify which circuits are dead once I look at the diagram

its a 1974

sorry I hate wiring
I will get out the diagrams today
but would love any idea's or brainstorming from anyone that's experienced similar

TIA
brant
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 05:38 AM