Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Sudden Electical Mystery, Yes, I've searched and searched some more
johnlush
post Jul 7 2020, 12:17 PM
Post #1

What's all this then?

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,108
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

New electrical mystery. One day everything was fine and then it wasn't the next.

Symptoms:

Pulling the headlight switch to either position turns on the parking lights but does not raise the headlights or illuminate them. Oddly (I think) the foglight indicator in the speedo lights up when the headlight switch is in the first position whether the foglight switch is pulled or not although fog lights do not illuminate.

No horn, no wipers, no fresh air fan. Car starts and runs. It's a '73 that's been converted to a -6 years ago so there have been some modifications but limited to the engine compartment.

Emergency flashers work. Parking lights illuminate when turn signal switch is activated left or right. Turn signals work when ignition is on. Backup lights work.

I have 12v un-switched to the 3 fuses at the right end of the panel (headlight motors, emergency flashers & interior light and fog lights)

There is no voltage at either side of any of the other fuses - ignition switch on or off.

I've removed fuses and relays and cleaned contacts. Inspected wiring for breaks, bad connections, etc.. The headlight motors run if I jumper their relays.

Was hoping to figure this out on my own but I'm currently stumped. Any thoughts?

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th June 2024 - 06:29 AM