Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Under trunk oil cooler install, Complete how to
ottox914
post Aug 4 2020, 08:38 PM
Post #1

The glory that once was.

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,438
Region Association: Upper MidWest

When my 914 was turbo'd, I had an additional cooler under the trunk and it did a fantastic job of keeping oil temps reasonable. When that motor died, (see sig links for that sad story) I put in a 2.0, and removed the cooler as I didn't think I needed it. With the "hot" 2056 I built, I decided the cooler was a good idea again. Except that it was damaged while in storage. So I started over.

And here is the project.

First you need a willing participant. Enter my 2056 powered 1973 914. I bought a cooler kit from summit. It had almost everything I would need. I also bought some 3" isolation mounts from McMaster Carr, and got screwed on the shipping. My advise would be to order with a real person, rather than online. On line orders get a message of "shipping will be added to your order" I never saw a shipping amount till the parts arrived. Lesson learned. I also bought a -8 male/female 45 degree swivel fitting. Kinda $$, but worth it to make everything fit that much better.

You can see where the old cooler was. Sadly the new cooler would not fit these same hole locations. So I'd have to cut into that sweet, freshly painted trunk. Ugh.

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th May 2024 - 05:42 AM