Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> AFR 10:1 at idle. Exhaust temp through the roof. Timing or fuel?
JMT
post Aug 6 2020, 10:47 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,316
Region Association: None

Hello everyone. Quick rundown. This is a type IV in a 912...so a 913?

Here's the story. This engine was in a 914 and ran well with a no name dizzy and Weber 44's. Since I was putting it in a 912 I made a few changes. I got Tangerine's 4-2-1 exhaust and got rid of the no name distributor for a bluetooth 123Ignition. I also thought the 44's may be a little big so I used some 40's from the 912.

Engine 2056 with webcam 86.
Weber 40's
185 air.
F7 emulsion.
130 main.
52 idle.
32 venturi.

123 Ignition bluetooth.
0-1000 RPM 12*
1000-3500 RPM 28* to 6000

First time starting up it held an idle but the exhaust got so hot and popping out the exhaust that I couldn't even set the idle air or check the timing with a timing light. I literally got a blister from just grazing the header. The AFR was hovering at 10:1. The head temp was under 200 and oil temp never even moved the needle, but it was so hot it just wouldn't run. I ran a couple of house fans and tried again. I did get it to idle for a minute by adjusting the air idle screws but wouldn't rev high enough to check timing. This brings me to the 123 Ignition. Here is a picture of the rotor with green light just turning on and pointing a half an inch past #1 plug wire. Does that mean it's retarded too much? Prior to all this I confirmed TDC and checked the valves.
Any thoughts?

Attached Image
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th May 2024 - 02:11 AM