Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Cigarette Lighter, Easiest way to get to power and ground in back
Baumgardner
post Aug 13 2020, 05:43 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,213
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I am wiring the radio in my '72 914. (There is no old wiring). It would seem pretty simple - just run the ground and power to the back of the cigarette lighter running off Fuse 8. However, I cannot contort my body to get to it. From researching some other threads, some said you have to go inside the luggage compartment, remove the blower, and then access it that way. Ugh. Another said "there is a push on ring that holds the lighter housing against the dash. Get a hold of the lighter under the dash and wiggle to loosen up the grip from the ring to the lighter body. Then keep pushing and shortly it will be obvious and be out." Anyone have any thoughts on this? Not sure which of these should be pursued or if there is another way to access. Thanks.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 11:54 PM