Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Time to put the dead engine to rest, What went wrong we think
DNHunt
post Jul 15 2005, 06:37 AM
Post #1

914 Wizard? No way. I got too much to learn.

Group: Members
Member No.: 598

Some of you may remember that my son and I put together a kit from Jake and it didn't work out too well. The fact is I drove it 350 miles before we tore it back down to find that the rings didn't seat and the cam went flat. I got just a hint of what in store for me when we get it right.

First, let me say that Jake and Charles (LN Engineering, Nickies and ceramic lifters) have gone way overboard to be helpful. From the time I signed Jake's contract I understood that the builder (me) was responsible for the final outcome. So, neither one of them were obligated to help me out. Whatever their reasons for helping, the bottom line is they are good people and I would recommend them to everyone.

So here is the autopsy.

Flat cam (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/blink.gif) ! I believe I am the only person in the world to flatten a cam with ceramic lifters. There was a problem with the blank and my FI was way rich. The oil was diluted with gas.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
DNHunt   Time to put the dead engine to rest   Jul 15 2005, 06:37 AM
DNHunt   Ouch   Jul 15 2005, 06:38 AM
DNHunt   Oil in the cylinders   Jul 15 2005, 06:40 AM
DNHunt   Oil in the intakes   Jul 15 2005, 06:41 AM
rhodyguy   why show one of the good lobes? other people http...   Jul 15 2005, 06:55 AM
jr91472   Thanks for sharing and good luck. I am sure that ...   Jul 15 2005, 08:52 AM
airsix   Dave, Thanks for keeping your promise to give an a...   Jul 15 2005, 10:03 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 06:48 AM