Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Flasher relay question, Solved finally
burlybryan
post Nov 5 2020, 05:03 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,311
Region Association: None

Update: in chasing the clicking relay hell, I’ve gone over all grounds, bulb contacts, turn signal switch (which i needed anyway), door contacts, ebrake switch, etc. The only remaining possibility (from my knowledge) was the brake MC switch. Mine doesn’t have a reset button so today I replaced it. Presto! No more flasher relay clicking. Hopefully this helps someone.
——————-//
I've started threads in the past regarding my quest to figure out why my flasher relay clicks all the time. Parking brake light and turn signal light operated as normal and I had replaced the parking brake switch and chased a detached wire in the seatbelt relay under the passenger seat.

Today I got a new flasher relay and installed it. Miraculously, the clicking has stopped, but as sometimes happens with car karma, it has been replaced by the turn signal light flashing very fast all of the time. The parking brake light, when activated by the brake flashes very fast, but goes off when the brake is down. When using the turn signals, the light returns to normal paced flashing, but when the TS switch is off, the light goes back to flashing double time.

As noted in an earlier thread, my MC doesn't have a reset switch. I have a new one to swap in, but haven't done that yet.

Any ideas what's going on? Is this still an indication of a tripped (non existent or internal) MC switch? It's the less expensive aftermarket relay.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 07:30 PM