Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Oldie but Newbie - 1st 914
jrmdir
post May 25 2021, 12:38 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 25,544
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Hello 914World:

I'm a long - long time Porsche owner and have been pretty active on RL and Pelican in the 911 and 993 sections, but I finally made good on a promise to one day own a 914. This '73 1.7L popped up on nearby Dayton Ohio CL and after a lot of deliberation and some research here I brought it home last weekend. Obligatory photos below. VIN is 4732904601, which I'll add to the sticky. The seller bought it in Cincinnati in 2018 and put in about $3.5K in suspension and tune up work - then left it sitting indoors for 3 years. Now it won't start and he's not a DIY guy so he threw in the towel. Other than that it came with no history.

My first goal is to go completely through the fuel and vacuum systems with an engine drop and then decide on a lot of other stuff while I'm in there. Also will fix the typical left rear trunk hinge mounting point. There is other rust on the car in the usual places but the gaps are good and only the hell hole and about a foot of the right long are really shot. Despite the nice appearance in the photos, it badly needs paint and dent repair. Will decide on repairs once I get it running and see if I choose to do a full resto or enjoy driving it as is.

I'm certain I'll need a lot of advice and look forward to getting to know many of you better.

Cheers,

Ron

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th May 2024 - 02:53 AM